The Early Childhood Hub (ECH) provides content by and for Early Years practitioners, with a focus on the pedagogy and practice of early childhood education. We will revisit the content of the ECH regularly and invite you to submit an expression of interest in contributing an article for consideration. You can also use this form to recommend publicly available content authored by someone else. We are particularly interested in hearing from colleagues in private, voluntary and independent settings.
The ECH includes case studies and perspective piece articles relating to the broad themes of pedagogy, professional learning and child development, plus the following aspects of pedagogy and practice:
- language development and early literacy
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design
- mathematics and numeracy
- wellbeing (child and practitioner)
- supporting young children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- parental and family engagement
Article types include:
Case study articles – offering studies of single settings or occurrences with clearly defined boundaries, such as a pedagogical intervention, close observation, teaching initiative or an approach to professional learning.
Perspective piece articles – offering a useful, interesting and balanced perspective on the topic they describe. They should demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the research, supported by relevant, recent references. They are:
- 1,000-2,000 words (including references)
- research-informed, with practical applications offered where possible
- written for a practitioner readership.
We will review responses to this form twice a year, in September and February and will be in touch if your submission is selected.